Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Something about

quiet time at 6 in the morning, while watching the sunrise at my favorite location in Norco, makes me happy. Also, it seems to always make my day THAT much better...too bad I did not do this yesterday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, HE is rarely early, but ALWAYS on time.
God knows me so well, knows exactly what I need and when I need it. Yesterday (Monday) was not such a great day for me. I woke up at Kolin's house in such an empty feeling, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I found myself sitting in their family room with the TV on in the background dazing off, literally thinking about nothing. I knew I needed to be alone. My sweet boy walked me back to the guest room, where I took a few hour nap just to regather I suppose. When I re-woke I still felt in a funk.
It was five in the afternoon by the time I got on the road to head home and it wasn't until then that I realized I wasted more than half the day, either sleeping or feeling lost. I needed my love, my God to help me out. 

At the base of the mountain I pulled over for a few short minutes just to pray. I prayed about everything.

You know how sometimes unanswered prayers are the best kind of prayers and other times answered prayers are? Well this time my prayer was answered, God seriously consumed me on the rest of the ride home. For the next 45 minutes it was as if my best friend was in the car with me and I was just spilling everything, every detail about the past few months, how certain things have affected me, my relationship, my walk with Him, my feelings for Kolin, my friendships, my family, you name it and I covered the topic. 
Basically, I am blogging about how important alone time with God is to me. 
Love you Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment