Friday, September 10, 2010

Funky Friday

That's what I'm calling it for the day.
Lately I haven't been myself. Well actually that's a lie, I've completely been myself, but noticed a few things about me that are good and bad. I love helping people. Even if that means putting their needs before mine. Good right? Sometimes it's bad. I need to learn to say no and stick to it. I don't want to be a pushover. And it's not that I feel like one, I guess I just feel like I've been takin for granted.
I always stop whatever it is I'm doing for any of my friends or family and lately I haven't gotten the return. I have never been one to expect things in return. Remember those fundraisers in elementary school when you reach a certain amount and received a prize? Well my mom used to make me donate my prizes (I hated her for this at the time) but come junior high I realized I was doing a good cause and found joy in giving to others in need. I still do.
But every once in a while it would be nice to be acknowledged for this.
Sorry for the venting, but it had to come out and now I'm going to ask one thing of you...please pray for me, I need to learn how to relax and just take it easy. I'm young and want to enjoy God's beauty around me, but also help those around me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Jesus loves you, so REST in that reality, & your life will be changed. God is in control so let Him do all the work because He will & it will be even better =)

    love you alaina!

    ReplyDelete